2013/05/15

BOSTON BOMBINGS; Interview With Police Involved In Watertown Shootout, Few Details & Many Inconsistencies

"... He was about 6 or 8 feet away from me, firing his pistol at me, I was firing at him... I'd run out of ammunition, I had to do a reload in the middle of that, and he had a problem with his firearm, I don't know if it jammed on him or what, he kind of looked at his gun, then threw it at me and hit me in the left bicep here... turned, ran back down the driveway to the street, took a left, running towards the other officers that were on scene... and uh... I holstered up and I chased after him and tackled him..." - Sgt. Jeff Pugliese


May 15, 2013 (AE) - This story has more holes than Swiss cheese, but I'm still asking... where's the police dash cam video???

This interview is reminiscent of my previous article where the SWAT Team described in detail how they exchanged gunfire with the boat in which Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was hiding... but it turns out Dzhokhar was unarmed.

The story gets interesting at 5:43 into the video with the interview of Sgt. Jeff Pugliese:




"... He was about 6 or 8 feet away from me, firing his pistol at me, I was firing at him... I'd run out of ammunition, I had to do a reload in the middle of that, and he had a problem with his firearm, I don't know if it jammed on him or what, he kind of looked at his gun, then threw it at me and hit me in the left bicep here... turned, ran back down the driveway to the street, took a left, running towards the other officers that were on scene... and uh... I holstered up and I chased after him and tackled him..."


Sorry, but a 6 to 8 foot shootout where one, if not both, of shooters is not permanently on the ground is very hard to believe.  Then the suspect supposedly took the time to throw his gun at the officer rather than retreat for more ammo?  So rather than return to his car trunk full of ammo the suspect then decided to run down the street, unarmed, directly into police fire, while Pugliese, knowing he'd be running into a barrage of bullets from his fellow officers, decided to chase and tackle the suspect (!) rather than shoot his freshly loaded gun into the suspect at a safe distance??  Really????

It's interesting how the interview focuses on police "brotherhood", how they are a "team", and how they saved the life of Transit Police officer Richard Donahue, however, it's now believed that Donahue was shot by friendly fire while Dzhokhar was fleeing, there was no exchange of gunfire... see my previous article here.



2013.5.15 Interview With Cops That Had Shootout With Boston Bombings Suspects In Watertown (MSNBC, MOXNEWS, youtube.com):

 

May 14, 2013 MSNBC News


No comments:

Post a Comment